Dog

Get your dog care questions answered by Experts

Is it possible for my dog to be pregnant and her belly not…

Customer Question
Is it possible for...

Is it possible for my dog to be pregnant and her belly not be big?

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. We need to be extra careful with pregnancies, so we'll need to connect you with the Veterinarian ASAP. Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about your dog?

She is a Chihuahua

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Dog
11/25/2017
Dog Specialist: Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian replied 4 months ago
Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian

Thank you for using Just Answer. My name is Rebecca; I am a veterinarian. Please give me a moment to type my answer.

I am sorry to hear you are concerned about your Chihuahua. Usually as the pregnancy progresses, you do see an enlarged abdomen. How far along is she; when was she bred?

That's the thing. I'm not sure if she even pregnnat and if she is I don't know how far along she is and we can't afford to take her to a vet

What makes you think she could be pregnant?

If she is pregnant, there is no test. In the 7th to 8th week she should be noticeably big, and dogs give birth after 9 weeks.

Could she have milk come out of her nipples in the early stages of pregnancy?

Not in the early stages, but in the last week or two. Dogs can also have false pregnancies, where they also make milk but are not pregnant.

Okay thank you. And um they said I only had to pay 5$ to talk to you.... Why is it saying a 19$ purchase? I'm really confused

You are welcome.

I only answer questions for the website; I do not have access to payment information. Please contact customer service on the drop down menu if you need help with what you paid.

Thank you

You are welcome.

Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian