Dog

Get your dog care questions answered by Experts

My Danes eyes look very droppy underneath..like the bottom…

Customer Question
My Danes eyes look...

My Danes eyes look very droppy underneath..like the bottom is sagging

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is the matter with the dog?

Do i nees to be concerned...she's also puked twice today

Veterinarian's Assistant: Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did the dog eat anything unusual?

No...grass. Other than that regular diet

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the dog?

She's just been laying around all day...very unlike her

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Dog
11/25/2017
Dog Specialist: Sally G., Dog Training Consultant replied 5 months ago
Sally G.
Sally G., Dog Training Consultant

Hello and thank you for using this site to help you.

You may be seeing two things that are not connected.

There may be an infection of the eye or you may be seeing Cherry eye. This breed is also prone to entropian which is when the eye lashes grow inward and irritate the eyes. It is also possible she rubbed it and caused irritation. IF it does not go away by Monday you will want to have your vet take a look. He will check to see that the cornea is not scratched.

entropian https://www.petplace.com/article/dogs/pet-health/entropion-in-dogs/

cherry eye https://www.petplace.com/article/dogs/pet-health/cherry-eye-in-dogs/

As for the vomiting, it could be due to a virus which can last 24 to 48 hours and for that I would fast him for 24 hours, then start a bland diet of boiled chicken and cooked white rice. The fasting will give his stomach time to become less inflamed from the vomiting and the bland diet will sooth the stomach.

Because she is vomiting and lethargic you will want to take her temperature rectally . Normal is 100.5 to 102.5. You will also want to check her gums, pale or white gums would be considered an emergency.

Sally G.
Sally G.
Sally G., Dog Training Consultant