Dog

Get your dog care questions answered by Experts

She has had diarohea for 4 weeks been on antibiotics for a…

Customer Question
She has had diarohea...

She has had diarohea for 4 weeks been on antibiotics for a week but its back. waterey and full of mucous. now taking samples over 3 days so poo can be tested. today she is lethargic won't eat or drink. also area around her vulva is quite dark and spreading as is one nipple which is hardish. we have dermisol for it. I'm not happy only had her at vets last night . shes poorly

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Expert will know how to help the dog. What is the dog's name?

Lola

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Lola?

We have wormed her twice thinking it was worms as her poo once looked like it had a thin red thing in it . but it wasnt moving. she's only 12 weeks old . she's a rotty

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Dog
11/25/2017
Dog Specialist: Dr. B., Veterinarian replied 7 months ago
Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today.

What antibiotic is she on just now?

Any retching, gagging, lip licking, drooling, or vomiting?

Are her gums pink or white/pale? Moist or sticky?

If you press on her belly, any tensing, tenderness, discomfort, or pain?

Has her vulva and nipple region been irritating her at all?

Can you take a photo of the vulva and nipple so I can see what you are seeing? To post it, you can use the paper clip button on the tool bar above the text box (last icon). Or if you cannot see that, then post it on any site (ie Flickr, Photobucket, Imgr Instagram, etc) & paste the link here for me.