Dog

Get Your Dog Care Questions Answered by Experts

Dog

I think he ate cat litter and has been puking and pooping…

I think he ate...

I think he ate cat litter and has been puking and pooping and looks like coffee grounds with rocks in it

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. The Expert will know if the dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name and age?

Zeus. 5 years okd

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Zeus?

He seems to act ok. Is eating and drinking but seems to have trouble pooping. He puked several times earlier today but not lately

11/24/2017
Dr B
Dr B, Veterinarian

HI this is DRB and I will try and help you with this...what type of cat litter...is it clay litter or scoopable sand litter?

It’s the special kitty clumping cat litter

Ok. this is not good....this stuff swells in the GI tract and can cause an obstruction.....your dog needs to go to the ER...now.

He puked some this earlier today. Then started acting better
We don’t have an animal er around here. What will the vet do if we take him?

I understand but with what I have seen I have to recommend an immediate ER visit....I am not here to tell you what you may want to hear...I am here to protect your pet...

IV fluids and lots of them will hopefully help your dog be able to pass this stuff and probably some oral medicine to help with passing....but IV fluids most important...

Ok I will take him when they open. I hope that soon enough.

Best of luck to you and your pooch...I will be wishing you well....DRB

you can let me know if you need help after the visit as I check my computer nightly

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen (rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know.

Please remember my answers do not replace or supersede the advice of your veterinarian as my answers do not create a valid client patient relationship as I am unable to examine your pet. Thank you very much! DrB

Please rate my service for helping you as this is the only way I am compensated. I would appreciate a 5 star rating and this question will stay open for several days. Thank you very much! DRB

How do I rate ?

top right of page click on 5 stars...and remember this question will stay open for several days and I can get back to you if you need more help..DRB

Dr B
Dr B, Veterinarian

thank you and do let me know if you need additional help....DRB

Dr B
Dr B
Dr B, Veterinarian