Dog

Get Your Dog Care Questions Answered by Experts

Dog

My dogs testicles seem to be irritated. I'm pretty worried.

Hi ! My dogs testicles...
Hi ! My dogs testicles seem to be irritated. I'm pretty worried. He has a vet appointment on Monday. I took him two weeks ago and mentioned it to them, however they disregarded it. Now it seems to be incredibly worse... what should I do ?
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What seems to be the problem with your dog?
Customer: He has a rash on his testicles
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about your dog?
Customer: I'm not sure.
11/23/2017
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

Can you share pictures of what you're seeing?

Is he licking?

Customer reply replied 20 days ago
I noticed it 2 weeks ago and it has only gotten worse. He is almost 7 months old. English bulldog. I haven't changed anything in his routine that I can think of.

This look fairly normal to me, if slightly increased in pigment. Chances are you're seeing the development and descending of his testicles which make the scrotum look different than when he was a puppy. You'll see a change in color of the skin as the area gains more vascularity to supply the testicles with blood as he reaches sexual maturity. This will continue as time goes on, especially if he's kept intact. The skin quality looks great and I don't see any signs of licking or trauma. I'm not sure if your vet disregarded the appearance of the scrotum at the first visit or if they were unconcerned by the appearance (as is the case now with me viewing the picture you've shared). I imagine your vet is going to recommend keeping an eye on this area. You can also give 1-2mg/pound of body weight every 8-12 hours of Benadryl to see if this helps with the pigment you're seeing. Antihistamines can help with rashes on the skin which may be more evident in person than over the computer.

I hope this information has been helpful. I will be standing by if you have other questions. Let me know if I can help further. Also, before signing off today, please take the time to use the star rating system at the top of the page to leave a rating for me (bottom of the page if using the app). A 5-star rating is appreciated as top notch answers are my focus. If you feel you have received anything less, please reply so that I may help until you’ve received the assistance you need. Until you issue a rating, the website will not compensate me for helping you. You will still be able to chat with me even after issuing a rating at no further charge on this thread.

I will also check in with you over the next few days to be sure you don’t need any additional assistance. If you would like to request me in the future for pet-related questions, you can do so by accessing this page: http://www.justanswer.com/pet/expert-pitrottmommy/?rpt=3800

PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse