Dog

Get Your Dog Care Questions Answered by Experts

Dog

The dog I have is about 6 years old picanese shtsu mix and

he has what looks like...
The dog I have is about 6 years old picanese shtsu mix and he has what looks like a cyst about the size of a 1/2 dollar is it about an inch away from his anus and its ruptured and his bleeding when we put pressure what is the best cure or Best way to stop the bleeding? He has all his shots but what can we do?
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/23/2017
Joan
Joan, Vet Tech

My name is ***** ***** I have been a Vet tech for 35+ years. I am sorry for the wait, but the holiday has delayed some answers.

To help you dog you can irrigate the area with some Betadine and warm water to clean it out. Once that is done you can use some Neosporin right in the area that is draining. The Drainage is normal with a ruptured cyst. He will need to see the Vet tomorrow. The Vet will drain and remove the cyst.

If the bleeding is not profuse, the cleaning and Neosporin should helpto tomorrow. If it is bledding profusely, then an ER Vet visit will be needed for treatment. The drainage as I said is normal with a cyst.

I am here to assist you and will be on and off all day for further help. Please reply for any questions or concerns. I want to be sure that you have all the assistance you need today and I give you excellent service.

Joan

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
Thank you for the advice I'll definitely take care that today we put her in a kennel and cleaned the cysts but blood still seems to come out not profusely but it's coming out still when touched so we put her in a kennel and we will follow up with a veterinary and in the morning thank you so much

You are so welcome! Happy Thanksgiving! If I have addressed your concerns, please take a moment to rate my service 5 stars. I am not paid by the site until I have a positive rating. I will also be here all day and night if needed.

Joan

Joan
Joan, Vet Tech
Hi Chris,

I'm just following up on our conversation about Charlie. How is everything going?

Joan
Joan
Joan
Joan, Vet Tech