Dog

Get your dog care questions answered by Experts

Has a small eye irritation can I use refresh optive drops.

Customer Question
Hey he has a...

Hey he has a small eye irritation can I use refresh optive drops

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name and age?

Gannicus age 6

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Gannicus?

Cockapoo

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Dog
Any news
11/23/2017
Dog Specialist: Scott Perry, Veterinarian replied 10 months ago
Scott Perry
Scott Perry, Veterinarian

Hello. My name is***** and I am a veterinarian that can answer your question. I understand Gannicus has eye irritation. Is this observed in one eye or both eyes?

Just one eye

You may use Refresh Optive as a lubricant, but I would also consider using an over-the-counter antihistamine eye drop to decrease inflammation in the eye. This is a safe approach to decrease inflammation and is often used for allergies. One over-the-counter product that is commonly available is called Zaditor. Both products are safe to use.

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!

Dog Specialist: Scott Perry, Veterinarian replied 9 months ago

Just checking in. How is Gannicus doing?