Dog

Get your dog care questions answered by Experts

He has a sore right near his hole. I did warm compresses and…

Customer Question
He has a sore...

He has a sore right near his butt hole

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name and age?

I did warm compresses and it looks better

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the dog?

Bouille and he's almost 2

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Dog
11/23/2017
Dog Specialist: Dwight Alleyne ,
 replied 8 months ago
Dwight Alleyne

Hello my name is***** and I am a licensed veterinarian with over 9 years of experience. I am hoping to help you with your pet today. Since I can’t physically exam your pet, I may need to respond with several follow up questions so I can best help you. Remember there is no limit on how many questions you can ask to in order to clarify any information I have provided regarding your pet. I just have a few initial questions to ask to gather some more information if you don’t mind? How long has the sore been there for? Are you able to take a picture of the area?

just today I saw it
Dog Specialist: Dwight Alleyne ,
 replied 8 months ago

Okay thank you . Will he let you take a picture of the sore? Any discharge coming from the area?

Dog Specialist: Dwight Alleyne ,
 replied 8 months ago

Ok I will wait for the picture thanks

Dog Specialist: Dwight Alleyne ,
 replied 8 months ago

Okay I got the picture. It looks like she has an infected and impacted anal gland. If that is the the case the warm compress will help some but you may need antibiotics and an anti-inflammatory as well if it does not continue to improve because it could rupture

he keeps licking it. that has me concerned. what can I do? it's thanksgiving the vet it closed until monday
Dog Specialist: Dwight Alleyne ,
 replied 8 months ago

I would continue with the warm compresses at least twice daily to see if it continues to help. You can also give him a benadryl to see if it can alleviate the urge lick some based on her weight. I would definitely put a cone on her if you have one to prevent her from licking at it because she is making it more irritated by doing so.