Dog

Get Your Dog Care Questions Answered by Experts

Dog

My 6 years old frenchton making lots of small poop for about

Hello, my 6 years old...
Hello, my 6 years old frenchton making lots of small poop for about a week now, not too hard or soft just small amount many times a day. He use to go 2 or 3 times a day, now 6-8 times a day. I didn"t change is diet, high end kibbles, boiled chicken and little bit of wet dog food (Ceasar"s). He's eating, play and drink normally. No Vomiting no blood either. He is on a deworming program as well. Should I be worry?
11/23/2017
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

Are you using the same flavor of dog food each time you're feeding him the wet food?

What deworming program are you using? Can you describe the dosing schedule, frequency and such? Is this 12 months out of the year?

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
Its beef flavor or chicken flavor.
The deworming program is Vet prescribed monthly drops between the shoulder blades. Revolution is the brand

Revolution does not prevent any intestinal parasites aside from hookworms and roundworms. Intestinal parasites such as whipworms, tapeworms, as well as protozoan like giardiasis, etc are also not prevented. A fecal analysis would be wise for good measure, but based on the symptoms alone I do not think you have a case for an emergency visit unless you're simply concerned and want answers promptly. I would arrange this come early next week when your vet is likely open again for regular hours. In the meanwhile, you may wish to increase fiber in the food by adding a scoop of pure canned pumpkin to his food. This may regulate his bowels and help to return the frequency back to normal, as well as the fecal volume you'd typically expect to see per bowel movement.

I hope this information has been helpful. I will be standing by if you have other questions. Let me know if I can help further. Also, before signing off today, please take the time to use the star rating system at the top of the page to leave a rating for me (bottom of the page if using the app). A 5-star rating is appreciated as top notch answers are my focus. If you feel you have received anything less, please reply so that I may help until you’ve received the assistance you need. Until you issue a rating, the website will not compensate me for helping you. You will still be able to chat with me even after issuing a rating at no further charge on this thread.

I will also check in with you over the next few days to be sure you don’t need any additional assistance. If you would like to request me in the future for pet-related questions, you can do so by accessing this page: http://www.justanswer.com/pet/expert-pitrottmommy/?rpt=3800

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
Are those parasites are the kind you can see in the feces? I took a good look because I tough that could be worms but didnt see anything.

No, you'd need to have a microscopic evaluation performed. The only type that people commonly see are tapeworms and occasionally roundworms. Everything else would be microscopic.

PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse
Customer reply replied 23 days ago
ok Thank you for your help

You're welcome!

Customer reply replied 20 days ago
Hello,I have one more question regarding the issue we spoke about recently.
My dog did a regular poop yesterday but didn't really want to eat which is kinda of normal for him couple days after I give is deworming medication. Today tho he went 2 times small amount and kinda of yellowish. Could it be because he didnt eat yesterday? The first one was very small and the other one was little bit bigger but still yellowish color. Today he ate and drink normally, still playful and doesn't seem to be bother by anything. I tried to gave him pumpkins but he dont want to eat it. He is very picky with food.
Customer reply replied 20 days ago
I should add that the poop was brown with some yellow color mucus like on it.

Have you given deworming medication recently?

Was the stool normal in consistency when it was yellow?

Customer reply replied 20 days ago
I did 3 days ago.
The consistency was not runny but not hard either. The one this morning was a little runny but the one he just did was not hard but harder then the one this morning.

I would not be concerned. I doubt that this was due to not eating but may have been due to the dewormer that was given. We often see mucus production in the intestines when there's inflammation and that can happen when dewormer is given. If this persists, please let me know. It should go back to normal once the dewormer is out of his system.

Customer reply replied 20 days ago
ok thank you so much. I guess the small amount is due to not eating.

That's correct.

Customer reply replied 20 days ago
Thank you

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse