Dog

Get Your Dog Care Questions Answered by Experts

Dog

My miniature puncture just chewed on a roach poison

container will she be ok? JA...
My miniature puncture just chewed on a roach poison container will she be ok?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Did you see what the dog ate?
Customer: Just chewed holes in the bottom of a roach poison container
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the dog?
Customer: No that's it she's 9 pounds
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/22/2017
Joan
Joan, Vet Tech

My name is ***** ***** I have been a Vet tech for 35+ years/

What type of roach trap was it?

Did whe ingest any of the plastic?

Joan

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
Combat and no just looks like she ate a little bit of the inside and the bottom with the directions on it

Your dog will be fine! Fipronil is generally considered safe if ingested. It's a good poison for insects. It's the same active ingredient as used in some flea products which are safe to use on dogs and cats.Roach traps and ant traps ore vitually non toxic. they use very little insecticide and it is more a paste that is in the trap. The big issue that most concerns us is ingesting the plastic. As long as the plastice was not ingested Your dog should be fine. The most we see is a little intestinal upset that can be take care of with a few days of bland diet.

Please hit reply to discuss this information.

Joan

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
I'll send you a picture of it if I can to see what you think

I will await the picture. Some dogs will acutually eat the trap and that is when we have some concern on passing.

Joan

Your Dog should not have any problems. The tooth maks I see barely punctured the casing.

Did you have any further questions? I am here to assist you. My goal is to give you excellent service and to earn a 5 star rating.

Joan

The part that is chewed should not cause a problem. We have dogs that will actually eat the whole Roach trap. What I am seeing should not cause a problem. If you are concerned you can feed a Teaspoon full of Pure canned pumpkin which helps what she may have gotten to pass through with no problems.

Joan

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
Ok thank you

You are welcome! If I have addressed your concerns, please take a moment to rate my service 5 stars. I am not paid by the site until I have a positive rating.

Happy Thanksgiving.

Joan

Joan
Joan, Vet Tech
Joan
Joan
Joan, Vet Tech