Dog

Get your dog care questions answered by Experts

★★★★★

My 8 lb mini dobie just ate a gold foiled piece of Almond…

Hi. My 8 lb...

Hi. My 8 lb mini dobie just ate a gold foiled piece of Almond Roca??? Is she gonna be okay? I found wrapper on the floor😬😢

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. The Expert will know if the dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name and age?

Her name is ***** ***** is about 4 years old not positive on age

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Lexi-Marie?

She had 1 litter of puppies I rescued her I think she's 4 not sure.

11/21/2017
Dr. Beth
Dr. Beth, Veterinarian

Hi, I'm Dr. Beth and I'll do my best to help you today! To make sure I don't miss anything, please give me a moment to review your question - I am not the fastest typist so it may take me a few moments to type out a response.

Thank you for trusting us with your questions, this service is used for general information only and is not a substitute for a veterinarian patient relationship by examination.

This is the chocolate toffee candy?

In gold foil wrapper with almonds

Ok and you think just one piece?

I got 2 pieces down she ate 1 at MOST 1 1/2. I can't remember if I ate 1st one
I left for he. Came back foil wrappers on carpet where she eats her doggy bones

Ok no problem-

So this shouldn't be toxic for her size since it is not all chocolate and what is there is milk chocolate.

But for the sugar in it, and being something she isn't used to having, there is always the possibility for some tummy upset potentially in the next day or two.

Oh wow even with almonds thats ok? I have her some hydrogen peroxide to induce vomiting...before I found you she didn't vomit

That's ok, it doesn't always work - but yes even the little bits of almond in there shouldn't be an issue, macadamia nuts are the ones that are harmful for dogs.

Now what? I hope I didn't make it worse. I gave her son twice maybe less just squirted some twice
If she may be pregnant u think she's ok? A doggie snuck in my yard. In trying to get her fixed

No, she will likely be ok. And if she happens to be pregnant none of this should cause any issues.

It wouldn't hurt to just let her tummy rest tonight, but if she does end up vomiting it's not the end of the world.

In the morning you could try some 'bland' food - chicken and rice (or some other low fat protein and low fiber starch in equal parts), start with a small amount to make sure we keep it down, and can continue for a few meals just so what is going through is easily digestible.

Dr.Beth our hero..I couldn't have kids. Lost my house my husband and my cousin & good friend all in a row. Cousin 2 days ago. I can't lose Lexi too. THANK YOU
I'm only 49 but feel 99. I feel 49 again. Whew. Thank you.��❤��

Oh my goodness - you sure are having some stresses - no this could have been much worse but accidents happen. I think she will be fine, if any question of how her tummy is seeming in the morning you can check in with your regular vet, but definitely no toxicity concerns.

I hope that helps, if you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

If the information I've provided has been helpful, I hope you'll take a moment to rate my service positively by clicking on the star rating system (or if you are not seeing the stars you can leave a written rating of 1-5, 5 being great service). Until you issue a rating of 3 or better, the website will not compensate me for helping you, and taking the time to answer these questions helps me to support my family. You'll still be able to chat with me even after giving a rating, at no further charge on this thread. My goal is to give you 5 star service - keep in mind you are rating only my help, not any site or interface issues you might have. It is valuable feedback for me and for other pet owners as they seek help for their pets.

If you'd like to request me in the future for pet-related questions, you can do so by accessing this page: https://www.justanswer.com/veterinary/expert-drbethg/?rpt=3800

Where would the stars be?

They are usually at the very top or bottom of the page, if you don't see them you can just type out whatever you would like to give verbally and the moderators will note it-

I definitely will give you a good high quality rating. You answered my questions clearly & calmed my worries as our animals are our family as you know. 1. Final question for now...she breathes out kinda shaky and she's kinda lethargic lying her in the chair with me. She ok ya think?

I'm sure picked up on your panic a bit, they are sensitive to how we feel - and even though she didn't vomit with the peroxide, it can make their tummy sometimes feel off for a little bit. She will probably be a little quieter than usual tonight but likely back to normal hopefully by tomorrow morning.

Awesome I felt bad her mouth foamed a bit I felt bad but tried to help. Should I leave water out for her? I usually do.

It is pretty salty and it can foam up a little. I think that would be ok to have some water available, maybe not a huge bowl but a little if she gets thirsty should be ok.

Dr. Beth
Dr. Beth, Veterinarian
Ok thank you. I will give you 5 stars now. & I may request you for a question in morning.

Thanks so much for the great rating - definitely let me know how she is doing - you can come back to this chat and I will see it. Good luck!