Dog

Get your dog care questions answered by Experts

I have a Cocker Spaniel who is 15 years old and has suffered…

I have a Cocker...

I have a Cocker Spaniel who is 15 years old and has suffered from ear infections his entire life. I am now unemployed and cannot pay $150.00 for a vet visit and medication. Are there any free vet services or how can I get a prescription for ear infection in the Los Angeles area?

Veterinarian's Assistant: The Veterinarians require payment for their services. It's way less expensive on JustAnswer than face-to-face would cost.

I don't understand. What am I supposed to do?

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. There are all sorts of infections the Cocker Spaniel can pick up. I'll have you talk to the Veterinarian who'll sort out what is wrong and help you decide what to do about it. What is the Cocker Spaniel's name?

Sammy

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Sammy?

Just the typical cocker spaniel allergies to food and ear infection. Other than that he is in great shape

11/19/2017
Sally G.
Sally G., Dog Training Consultant

Hello and thank you for using this site to help you. I am sorry your question was not picked up sooner.

Since they are recurring and your Vet is aware of this , you may be able to call and ask for just the prescription and have that filled at Walmart.

There really are no free Vet clinics, however there are Vets that work on a sliding scale , going by what you can afford. It might be worth calling your ASPCA or local rescues and see if they know of a Vet in the area that does this.

There is also an over the counter ear drop medication you can buy that takes care of Fungus, bacteria and yeast. You may want to try that. If the ears don't get better after use you may need something stronger that only a Vet can provide you.

Here is a link to the drops. https://www.amazon.com/Pet-King-Brand-Treatment-Hydrocortisone/dp/B0025YOJXS

If you also use Chewy.com , they also sell these drops and the delivery time is faster.

Sally G.
Sally G., Dog Training Consultant