Dog

Get your dog care questions answered by Experts

My dog is very lethargic, threw up bile twice, her temp is…

Customer Question
My dog is very...

My dog is very lethargic, threw up bile twice, her temp is 99.8 - A few weeks ago, she was lethargic, had diarrhea and a temp if 104.5. Vet did bloodwork and chest xray and EKG - only significant finding was low platelets. Put her on doxycycline (she’d had a tick bite and thought maybe that was related though blood tests didn’t show tick disease) She got upset stomach with doxy, took her off it a couple days, then put her back on at 1/2 dose (100 mg once instead of twice a day) She took her last dose last night. She seems to vomit once or twice a month, but the lethargy, lack of appetite, and lower temp along with the vomiting concern me. She is a 17 month old Keeshond.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. This sounds like it might be serious. I'll let the Veterinarian know what's going on ASAP. Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about your dog?

No, I don’t think so

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Dog
11/18/2017
Dog Specialist: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 8 months ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

Do you have a copy of the bloodwork results to share with me?

Have there been any changes to the diet? New food, including a change of flavors or protein source within the same brand? New treats? Bones? Has any human food been fed? Torn up toys or trash? Stressful changes to the environment?

Was a fecal analysis also performed?

A fecal was done a month ago and was negative.
Four days ago I added Lamb and lentil grain free food to her diet- same brand, Fromm. Still Mixing in the salmon tunalini fromm’s with it, more lamb now than tunalini.
Yes, I have blood work

Can you please share a copy?

There is an attachment function on the page that should allow you to post pictures and video. You can also use websites like http://www.imgur.com and youtube.com to upload pictures and video respectively. Once this is done, a set of links will appear. You can then post the link back and I can access them. If you are located in the USA and texting pictures/video would be preferable, please let me know. There is an additional charge for this service but it can take the guesswork out of trying to get information back to me and facilitate a faster response.