Dog

Get your dog care questions answered by Experts

Oliver is a 4 year old dachshund. He udually has a good

Hi. Oliver is a...

Hi. Oliver is a 4 year old dachshund. He udually has a good appetite (spoiled a bit---only eats human food and good dog treats). He's not overweight. He's been shaking like a vibratory. His insides are making gurgling sounds and he's been darting for 1/2 an hour now.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. The Expert will know what to do. What is the dog's name?

Oliver

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Oliver?

He doesn't like dog food. He's usually very careful about not eating things he shouldnt.

11/18/2017
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

Have there been any changes to the diet? New food, including a change of flavors or protein source within the same brand? New treats? Bones? What human food has recently been fed? Torn up toys or trash? Stressful changes to the environment?

PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse
No stress toy knowledge. He didn't eat his food awhile ago (pieces of chicken and gyros). He's always very well taken care of, but today at 330 I realized I hadn't fed him this morning (family member I'll and I got distracted).
Dr Scott Nimmo, Small Animal Veterinarian.
Phone call session started

Trying to call you back on the phone using the site system, but having problems.

Please give me your phone number and I will call you direct ASAP.

Dr Scott

The phone rang several times; each time I answered, it disconnected. Oliver is still breathing strongly and his tummy is gurgling. He wants to be close to me and rest. The phone just rang and disconnected again, so not sure what to do about that. I guess I'll talk to my neighbor who has much more experience with dogs than myself.

It is disconnecting my end as well, sorry for the inconvenience, but if you give me your phone number I will be glad to call you direct right now ...

Dr Scott

Got it thanks ...