Dog

Get Your Dog Care Questions Answered by Experts

Dog

He has been throwing up and foaming from his mouth and his

Customer Question
eyes are red JA: I'm sorry...
He has been throwing up and foaming from his mouth and his eyes are red
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did the dog eat anything unusual?
Customer: Yes he got into the trash and ate raw chicken skin
JA: What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Bolt and he is 2 yrs old
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Bolt?
Customer: No he is usually very happy and active and he won’t stop shaking
Submitted: 25 days ago.Category: Dog
Customer reply replied 25 days ago
Did you receive payment
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/17/2017
Dog Specialist: Heath Wilkerson,
 replied 25 days ago
Heath Wilkerson

Hi, Dr. W here. I'm sorry to hear that about Bolt. When did he eat the raw chicken? Could he have eaten other things in the trash as well (packaging, etc)?

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
I just saw the chicken skin in his dog food once he had vomited
Dog Specialist: Heath Wilkerson,
 replied 25 days ago

Okay. Unfortunately, raw chicken has a lot of bacteria, and definitely can cause gastrointestinal problems. You should go ahead and schedule an appointment with his vet today to get him started on some antibiotics so this doesn't continue all week and get worse. I hope this helps.

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
Okay thank you
Dog Specialist: Heath Wilkerson,
 replied 25 days ago

You're welcome. I hope that Bolt is feeling better soon.

Heath Wilkerson
Heath Wilkerson
Heath Wilkerson