Dog

Get your dog care questions answered by Experts

I’m not sure if anything is wrong, she doesn’t seem to be in…

I’m not sure if...

I’m not sure if anything is wrong, she doesn’t seem to be in pain but the area where she pee’s from is black and I just now noticed it? She keeps licking it but I’m not sure if she’s in any discomfort. She let’s me touch it and examine it so I’m just not quiet sure.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name and age?

Her name is ***** ***** she’s about a year and six months old

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Roxie?

No she’s eating normally and drinking a good amount of water and is going to the restroom regularly

11/17/2017
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

Can you share pictures of what you're seeing?

Just came through. One moment while I view.

I can’t talk right now

This area looks relatively normal to me but I cannot rule out the potential for her to have some yeast present in this area. The folds of the vulva truly need to be checked to ensure that this is normal. I do not think, however, that this is an emergency. I would plan to have her examined by your vet. They may wish to trim the area a bit shorter and have you wash, dry and medicate the area to see if it improves from dryer conditions. It's quite common for there to be some pigment in this area, so your vet may also find that this is entirely normal and her vulva shows no signs of concern.

I hope this information has been helpful. I will be standing by if you have other questions. Let me know if I can help further. Also, before signing off today, please take the time to use the star rating system at the top of the page to leave a rating for me (bottom of the page if using the app). A 5-star rating is appreciated as top notch answers are my focus. If you feel you have received anything less, please reply so that I may help until you’ve received the assistance you need. Until you issue a rating, the website will not compensate me for helping you. You will still be able to chat with me even after issuing a rating at no further charge on this thread.

I will also check in with you over the next few days to be sure you don’t need any additional assistance. If you would like to request me in the future for pet-related questions, you can do so by accessing this page: http://www.justanswer.com/pet/expert-pitrottmommy/?rpt=3800

PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse
Thank you for your help, I will take her a bath and watch the area, if I don’t see a change in the next two to three days I will take her to her vet