Dog

Get your dog care questions answered by Experts

She is eating good but while eating she acts like she has…

Customer Question
She is eating good...

She is eating good but while eating she acts like she has something caught in her throat and gags. She has been drinking alot of water today. And after shw was done eating she threw uo everything she ate. Has gotten sick since but she had a dripping drool and gags everytime you give her water. She continues to drinks gasping for air.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. The Expert will know if the dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name and age?

She is a 5 year old black lab and is into everything I hope she didn't get into any ting bad

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the dog's name?

Her name is ***** ***** is a 5 year old half black lab half Catahoula

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Lexis?

Lexi

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Dog
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/15/2017
Dog Specialist: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 8 months ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

Can you share a video of the gagging/coughing? If not, does it look and sound like any of these?

Cardiac cough: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nv02RYW2TfY

Kennel cough: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZusGtj3NxcU

Collapsing trachea: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=042OsjZ5Hvs

Reverse sneezing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1UyBrb0Hhpk

Laryngeal paralysis: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsv5o3pP00E

I will watch in morning and get back with you. Lexi is asleep for now

I should be on again by mid-morning. Rest well.