Dog

Get your dog care questions answered by Experts

She just started biting & red spots came up on side & but.

Customer Question
She just started biting...

She just started biting & red spots came up on side & but

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. Strange behavior is often perplexing. I'm sure the Veterinarian can help you. What is the dog's name and age?

She in pain i know

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the dog?

She is 9 weight close to 70 lbs

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the dog's name?

Do i clean the spots with diluted iodine

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Dog
11/14/2017
Dog Specialist: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 9 months ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

Can you share pictures of what you're seeing?

Yeah

There is an attachment function on the page that should allow you to post pictures and video. You can also use websites like http://www.imgur.com and youtube.com to upload pictures and video respectively. Once this is done, a set of links will appear. You can then post the link back and I can access them. If you are located in the USA and texting pictures/video would be preferable, please let me know. There is an additional charge for this service but it can take the guesswork out of trying to get information back to me and facilitate a faster response.

https://www.screencast.com/t/smZKpxwM5uhttps://www.screencast.com/t/DwSUL2Z61https://www.screencast.com/t/fzeSNGgsChttps://www.screencast.com/t/ch6FDJGEhttps://www.screencast.com/t/xaEMvcplw10https://www.screencast.com/t/nciI5CIfqhttps://www.screencast.com/t/gTI3xUygjQ2Hhttps://www.screencast.com/t/zltU9bY6D

Is she on any medication at this time?

Are you seeing her scratching?

Where is she biting?

Is she licking her paws at all?

She not been on no meds I did put her bendrly.yes she scratch ing & she biting paws & I did find one flea. Arms ,side legs, & behind,yes she tearing her paws up
what is it

This looks and sounds like allergies. Based on the fact that you've witnessed at least one flea and the fact that she is scratching all over including her back end, I suspect she has seasonal allergies and also is sensitive to flea saliva. The two of these combined can cause a dog to be very itchy and uncomfortable.

How much benadryl have you been giving and how frequently?

.