Dog

Get your dog care questions answered by Experts

Well he's 21 years old, and just had spleen removed about 3…

Customer Question
Well he's 21 years...

Well he's 21 years old, and just had spleen removed about 3 months ago because of tumors they are unforchently cancers and his right leg is now swallon

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. The Expert will know if the dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name?

Jibby job Thornton

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Jibby?

Id think so

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Dog
11/14/2017
Dog Specialist: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 8 months ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

Can you share a few pictures of what you're seeing?

Is there any potential for injury? Are you seeing any limping? Is he still eating and drinking well?

The area where surgery was done is not healed yet he is on antibonics and rimadel
He is eating and drinking but very uneasy on feet and as a hard time going number 2

I imagine it's certainly making walking and standing more difficult. Did I understand correctly that he still hasn't fully healed after 3 months post-op? What antibiotics are being given? What is your vet using them to treat?