Dog

Get your dog care questions answered by Experts

I have two puppies from the same litter and they

Customer Question
Hi I have two...

Hi I have two puppies from the same litter and they accidentally had sec and now I think she is pregnant what should d I do?

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. We need to be extra careful with pregnancies, so we'll need to connect you with the Veterinarian ASAP. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the puppy?

It was a month ago Ok

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Dog
11/12/2017
Dog Specialist: Dr. Bruce, Veterinarian replied 10 months ago
Dr. Bruce, Veterinarian

Hi. My name is***** Thank you for your question. If you don't want a litter of puppies from this breeding, the best thing to do is to get her to your vet to have her spayed. She can easily and safely be spayed at this time (even if she is pregnant). This is pretty much the only thing that can be done to not have puppies if the breeding was successful. I would also recommending having the male neutered as that will help him to be more calm and less interested in marking territory as he gets older. It will also decrease his chances of prostate cancer and other issues with it.