Dog

Get your dog care questions answered by Experts

My dog got in to a bottle of meclizin, what do I do? She got…

Customer Question
My dog got in...

My dog got in to a bottle of meclizin, what do I do?

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What seems to be the problem with your dog?

She got in to a bottle of my meclizin pills and just threw up, is she going to be ok?

Veterinarian's Assistant: Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did your dog eat anything unusual?

No, just her usual dog food.

Veterinarian's Assistant: OK. The Expert will know what to do. What is the dog's name and age?

Bella and she is about 7 months old

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Bella?

No I just want to know if she will be ok or if I need to take her to the vet

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Dog
11/10/2017
Dog Specialist: Scott Perry, Veterinarian replied 10 months ago
Scott Perry
Scott Perry, Veterinarian

Hello. My name is***** and I am a veterinarian that can answer your question. I understand Bella swallowed Meclizine tablets. Do you happen to know about how many were swallowed?

Oh man I'm not sure. It could be a full bottle. I am not sure if it was an empty bottle or not, I just know she got into a bottle and just threw up

That's OK. I can still help you. Do you happen to know about how long between she may have swallowed the pills to when she vomited?