Dog

Get your dog care questions answered by Experts

My pregnant dogs temp dropped to 98.6 at 5am yesterday and…

Customer Question
My pregnant dogs temp...

My pregnant dogs temp dropped to 98.6 at 5am yesterday and she began contractions around 11:45 am. She has had clear vaginal discharge and amniotic fluid but has not begun pushing yet. She is no longer panting, but breathing very quickly. Her temp is 98.2. She tries to doze off, but is still very restless, trying to nest in her whelping pool. She has very little discharge now, is trying to lick her vagina pretty often, but still nothing. She has gone outside witg me, and peed and pooped, but that was 4 hours ago. Any thoughts?

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. We need to be extra careful with pregnancies, so we'll need to connect you with the Veterinarian ASAP. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the dog?

This is her second litter. This is day 59.

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Dog
11/7/2017
Dog Specialist: Jane Lefler, Breeder,Behaviorist, formerVet Asst replied 9 months ago
Jane Lefler, Breeder,Behaviorist, formerVet Asst

Hi JaCustomer,

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is Jane. I have been involved professionally with dogs in the healthcare and behavioral fields for over 20 years. I’ve worked as a Vet Assistant and Behaviorist and have extensive experience in dog reproduction, as a breeder, for even longer than that.. Canine behavioral issues and training are also my specialties. It will be my pleasure to work with you today.

Do you still need help with your girl?