Dog

Get your dog care questions answered by Experts

I was wondering if there's any possible way to u can get…

Customer Question
I was wondering if...

I was wondering if there's any possible way to u can get amoxicillin for ur dog without a vet

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What seems to be the problem with the dog?

I think the p

Veterinarian's Assistant: Where does the dog seem to hurt?

I think that the dog has parvo

Veterinarian's Assistant: Can you see anything that looks wrong or different?

And I really don't have the money to take it to the vet

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is the dog eating normally?

No

Veterinarian's Assistant: OK, abnormal eating. What is the dog's name and age?

Abbie she will be 1 year old next month

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Abbie?

Yes I think that she has parvo and I was needing some antibiotics for her but I don't have to

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Dog
10/5/2017
Dog Specialist: Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian replied 10 months ago
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian

You're speaking with Dr. Michael Salkin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm currently typing up my reply. Please be patient. This may take a few minutes.

I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner. Rather than have you wait any longer, please be advised that we're not allowed to prescribe through this venue. Amoxicillin is a prescription drug that can only be prescribed by a vet attending to your dog. Fluid therapy is the hallmark of treating parvo. The more of a pediatric fluid replacer such as Pedialyte (or generics) you can get down your dog, the better her chances of recovery. Her fluid requirement is ~1 ounce of fluid per pound of body weight which is nigh impossible to give orally but every little bit helps. An antibiotic isn't necessarily important to give to dogs suffering from the parvovirus.