Dog

Get your dog care questions answered by Experts

Omg I have 2 dogs and I don't know which one of them was…

Customer Question
John omg I have...

John omg I have 2 dogs and I don't know which one of them was sucking on a rat ! I USUALLY buy at Ikea those little rats for them to play with and they mistook it for one of those!

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. Strange behavior is often perplexing. I'm sure the Veterinarian can help you. What is the dog's name and age?

6 years both of them

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the dog's name?

I JUST WASHED THEIR MOUTHS

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the dog?

I think I will go to the vet tomorrow morning

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Dog
10/3/2017
Dog Specialist: Anna, Dog Expert, Biologist replied 10 months ago
Anna
Anna, Dog Expert, Biologist
Hello and welcome. I apologize that no one responded to you sooner. Different experts come on line at various times. I just logged in and saw your question. My name is ***** ***** I'm a biologist with over 40 years of experience with dogs. I'm sorry to hear of this incident. Whether or not mouthing ir chewing a rat us dangerous depends on a few factors, so some additional information will help me determine the best steps for you to take.Are your dogs' vaccinations up- to- date?Where did they get the rat? Is there any chance the rat may have died from rat poison?Did the dogs eat any of the rat?Thank you.