Dog

Get your dog care questions answered by Experts

The skin around his right eye seems a bit puffy. Tanner 7…

Customer Question
The skin around his...

The skin around his right eye seems a bit puffy

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name and age?

Tanner 7 months old

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Tanner?

Im working out of town and he's been visiting a doggy day care near where I'm working for about 6 weeks

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Dog
9/28/2017
Dog Specialist: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 10 months ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

Can you share pictures of what you're seeing?

Yeah I thinks. The swelling its around his right eye.... eye brow. Just seems puffy he doesn't react when I touch it

I'll standby.

Thank you for the picture, it just arrived. This looks like an allergic reaction. Is your companion on any medication at this time?

Only on oral flea medication, but has been on that for a couple of months. He is visiting a dog day care as I'm working out of town. He's been doing that for about 6 weeks

To help with the swelling, he can receive 1-2mg/pound of body weight of regular Benadryl every 8-12 hours orally. If this does not help or he worsens, he needs to see a vet overnight and they will likely add steroids. Typically we see improvement within the first 8 hours and complete resolution of symptoms within 48 hours. Continue giving the Benadryl until there is no swelling.

I hope this information has been helpful. I will be standing by if you have other questions. Let me know if I can help further. Also, before signing off today, please take the time to use the star rating system at the top of the page to leave a rating for me (bottom of the page if using the app). A 5-star rating is appreciated as top notch answers are my focus. If you feel you have received anything less, please reply so that I may help until you’ve received the assistance you need. Until you issue a rating, the website will not compensate me for helping you. You will still be able to chat with me even after issuing a rating at no further charge on this thread.

I will also check in with you over the next few days to be sure you don’t need any additional assistance. If you would like to request me in the future for pet-related questions, you can do so by accessing this page: http://www.justanswer.com/pet/expert-pitrottmommy/?rpt=3800

Checking in. How is Tanner?

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

PitRottMommy