Dog

Get your dog care questions answered by Experts

Big lump on both cheeks. Bella she is 4 months. Appeared…

Customer Question
Big lump on both...

Big lump on both cheeks

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. Some lumps are serious and some aren't. Let's see what the Veterinarian has to say. What is the dog's name and age?

Bella she is 4 months

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Bella?

Appeared over night, had rabid shot a week ago.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Dog
9/28/2017
Dog Specialist: Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian replied 11 months ago
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian

Hello. Thanks for writing in. My name is***** and I would be happy to help you. I AM NOT SET UP TO MAKE PHONE CALLS AND DO NOT SEND THE REQUESTS, BUT I WOULD BE HAPPY TO ANSWER ANY QUESTIONS YOU HAVE ONLINE. In order to give an informative and concise answer, it may take a few minutes before I respond back to you, so don't be alarmed if you don't hear back immediately. If you have not responded back in 10 minutes, it may be a longer before I can get back to you. I do have a couple more questions, though, to see if I can better assess your situation.

Are these lumps painful?

Any sores on the skin?

How is her appetite?

Is she acting ill in any other way?

Is it possible for you to take a picture of her face and post it or attach it to your next message?

Thanks. Does that swelling occur where the lips come together?

How long has it been like that?

the selling is persistent. This is the second day.The swelling feels like marbles under the skin

Thanks. I just need one last thing. Can you take a picture of the one of the side of her mouth, so I can see exactly where the swelling is located?

Thanks. That helps a lot. Those swellings are most likely enlarged salivary glands. That is right where the zygomatic salivary glands would sit. They could be infected or inflamed. Your vet would have to aspirate them to determine the exact cause. I would probably just prescribe some antibiotics first to see if it resolves. That usually does the trick. It isn't an emergency, but I would try to get him seen by your vet before the weekend. Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns. Hope this helps.

My goal is to make sure that you get all your question answered and all the information you need. IF YOU ARE SATISFIED WITH MY ANSWER, PLEASE RATE IT. Rating it is the only way I get compensated for helping you, and we can still continue our conversation after rating. If you feel like it is not helpful to you, or if there is more information you need, please respond back to me before rating. Asking more specific questions usually helps a lot. Realize that our conversation is not intended to diagnose or treat a condition. There has to be a valid veterinary-client-patient relationship established with an exam, according to law. You should always follow up with your vet.

Hello. I was just following up to see how Bella is doing and to see if you have any other questions.