Dog

Get your dog care questions answered by Experts

My dog is constipated and has a lump at his behind, took him…

Customer Question
Hello my dog is...

Hello my dog is constipated and has a lump at his behind , took him to the vet they wanted to run so much test that I have no extra money. I don't know what to do ?

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. Some lumps are serious and some aren't. Let's see what the Veterinarian has to say. How old is Constipated?

2weeks

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Constipated?

He just not able to go. I tried the mineral oil didn't work

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Dog
9/25/2017
Dog Specialist: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 10 months ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

Can you share pictures of the lump?

When did your companion last eat?

Any vomiting?

To clarify, your companion is 2 weeks old. Is this correct?

It appears that there may be a perianal mass present. Can you obtain a picture of this directly by moving the tail out of the way?

Hello

I'm still here. The notification responses appear delayed. Did your vet check the anal gland in this area to determine if it was full or if the tissue itself was swollen such as we might see with a mass?

As I have indicated before, I have been to the vet to have this problem solved and after the examinations, the vet identified several options. However due to my current financial situation I could afford the necessary procedures that were suggested. The reason I have contacted you is to get an expert opinion on how I can solve the problem as a result of my financial position presently.I am hoping that you can help in this matter because my dog is in tremendous pain to motion.

I read your original comment thoroughly but it does not contain any information on what was done at the time of the visit, which is why I have asked for clarification. Here's what I see in your original comment: "Hello my dog is constipated and has a lump at his behind , took him to the vet they wanted to run so much test that I have no extra money. I don't know what to do ?" I need additional information on the situation to be able to assist you.

The vet give him two tables, check his weight, and did a physical examination of him. H recommend x Ray and blood test . All the recommendations costs money and therefore I was unable to do them.

Checking the anal glands would have involved a rectal examination involving a gloved finger inside of the anus, do you recall this service? This usually comes with examination and does not cost extra.

Can you tell me what you mean by "The vet give him two tables"?