PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse
Experience:  15 yrs experience in vet med, 8 in emergency med. Founder of a non-profit animal rescue
8538164

My dog has been whimpering a lot since we moved into a new

My dog has been whimpering a lot since we moved into a new house. She went to the vet for an exam. The vet could only find an ear infection in one year. She is continuing to yelp a lot. It seems like her throat or her voice box hurt.
I don't know what to do to help her. We moved recently and there were people in and out of the house. She may have eaten some drywall. We told the vet and the vet checked her stomach and Bowles but found nothing of concern. It really seems like her throat hurts.

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

Can you tell me more about what she does that conveys her throat hurting?

Did your vet perform any x-rays on her neck or back?

How old is she?

What breed is she?

Is she on any medication at this time? If so, what?

Customer: replied 26 days ago.
Hi- she is otherwise healthy almost 5 years old she is not catching food in her mouth, she doesn't "speak" and when an intruder comes to the door she lets out a weird sounding yelp instead of a bark.
Customer: replied 26 days ago.
There were no X-rays
Customer: replied 26 days ago.
She is taking some ear medication
Customer: replied 26 days ago.
She acts really sad but then she perks right up for food. She isn't upset when you press her belly or her throat but she does yelp when she's swallowing food sometimes

And what breed is she?

Customer: replied 26 days ago.
A Boston terrier put

If this is not a sign of a sore throat, it may well be the symptom of tenderness in the neck. I would highly recommend contacting your vet when they are open again and asking for a few days of NSAIDs for her. If symptoms persist, x-rays are indicated and your vet may also want you to use a few days of pain medication for her and muscle relaxers. For the time being, I would discontinue using a collar for her and use only a harness and leash to minimize any pressure on the neck itself. At home, in a pinch, you can use aspirin if no other oral meds are being given (meds for the ear infection should not hinder its usage). You can find the dosing info here: http://www.veterinaryplace.com/dog-medicine/aspirin-for-dogs/

I hope this information has been helpful. I will be standing by if you have other questions. Let me know if I can help further. Also, before signing off today, please take the time to use the star rating system at the top of the page to leave a rating for me (bottom of the page if using the app). A 5-star rating is appreciated as top notch answers are my focus. If you feel you have received anything less, please reply so that I may help until you’ve received the assistance you need. Until you issue a rating, the website will not compensate me for helping you. You will still be able to chat with me even after issuing a rating at no further charge on this thread.

I will also check in with you over the next few days to be sure you don’t need any additional assistance. If you would like to request me in the future for pet-related questions, you can do so by accessing this page: http://www.justanswer.com/pet/expert-pitrottmommy/?rpt=3800

Customer: replied 26 days ago.
Thanks