Denise Cudiamat
Denise Cudiamat, Veterinarian
Experience:  Veterinarian
99472105

By 68 lb boxer ate a small portion of one red sudafed.

By 68 lb boxer ate a small portion of one red sudafed. Should i be concerned?? And if, what to do.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Expert will know if the dog will be able to digest that. Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the dog?
Customer: No

Hi. I’m Dr. Denise, a licensed veterinarian. I’d like to help with your concerns regarding your boxer.

What is his/her name?

How long ago did he/she eat it?

Customer: replied 27 days ago.
oskar ate it about 15 minutes ago. He tore package but most of pill was still in there, just some broken pieces from 1 pill & powder on rug from pill.
Customer: replied 27 days ago.
The voc says 30mg each pill, if that helps & he weighs around 68 lbs & is almost 2 yrs old
Customer: replied 27 days ago.
The "box" vs voc - sorry for typos

Ok, thank you for the information.

If you are certain he only received 1 pill, or less than one pill, no intervention is needed.

Customer: replied 27 days ago.
Great - thank you!

Though Sudafed can be toxic to dogs at higher doses, he did not receive a toxic dose.

Please let me know if you have any other questions. I am here to answer all the questions you have. If you have no other questions, I would greatly appreciate your positive review (5 stars). Your review helps connect Experts with other customers so your input is highly appreciated, and it is the only way that I am compensated. Thank you!

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Denise Cudiamat