Dr. Deb
Dr. Deb, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  I have owned, bred and shown dogs for over 40 years.
60411192

My cat stepped in the sink. he may have tpuched liquid

my cat stepped in the sink. he may have tpuched liquid plumber. i immediately washed his paws. is that enough? i got a container and soaked them.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: the cat is 13. his name is Tyler.
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Tyler?
Customer: he has lymphoma. he is doing well with treatment.

Hello, I'm Dr. Deb and will do my best to help with this concern about Tyler.

Please give me just a few minutes to type back a response for you. Deb

Customer: replied 27 days ago.
K. Tyler is a cat.

I assumed as much:)

I can't imagine that he'll suffer any adverse consequences from contact with this product primarily because you took such quick action. If you hadn't, then he might have experienced gi signs such as vomiting or drooling if he ingested some of it after grooming his feet. Or there might have been irritation to his pads.

However, he should be fine because you washed it off so quickly. No additional action on your part will be necessary, I'm happy to say.

I hope this helps to provide peace of mind. Deb

Customer: replied 27 days ago.
thank you. This was I was thinking. He's mad at me but I knew I had to do it and he might not have stepped in it, but I didn't want to wait. Thank you very much and glad you came up on my google search. I will continue to monitor him. To be sure. Thank you again!

You're more than welcome.

I'm certain that he didn't appreciate his "bath" but best to be safe. By the way, the household products which might cause significant damage would be those which have the word "danger" versus "caution" on the label; Drano is one example. If the label says caution, that means ingestion may cause mild gastrointestinal issues; however, if it says danger, it means it could corrode through your esophagus.

Take care, Deb

I just wanted to thank you for the rating; it's greatly appreciated.

Regards, Deb