Dog

Get your dog care questions answered by Experts

My dog ate cat food yesterday. Had breakfast this morning. I…

Customer Question
My dog ate cat...

My dog ate cat food yesterday. Had breakfast this morning. I was out until 5. Upon my return I found my Ellie had diarrhea around the room.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. The Expert will know if your dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name?

Ellie May she's a

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Ellie?

Shes barking at my birds but moving slow

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Dog
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/24/2017
Dog Specialist: Sally G., Dog Training Consultant replied 10 months ago
Sally G.
Sally G., Dog Training Consultant

Hello and thank you for using this site to help you.

Do you know if she got into anything else or was it just the cat food?

What breed of dog is she?

Is she drinking?

Has there been any vomiting?

Hello, I see you went off line since asking your question and I will soon be going off for the night.

Some dogs are very sensitive to different foods while others handle it just fine. A change in diet can cause diarrhea and sometimes blood in the stool.

What I would try is fasting the pup for 24 hours (can have water) and then start a bland diet of boiled chicken and cooked white rice.

I would also add some pure canned pumpkin to this as it will help firm up the stool. Two or three tablespoons for a large dog and work your way down from there in size and weight.

After the bland diet of chicken you can start her normal dog food routine up again the next day and you can continue to add the pumpkin.

Hope she's feeling better soon!