Dog

Get your dog care questions answered by Experts

Hornets nest was sprayed 24 hours ago, small found & ate…

Hornets nest was sprayed...

Hornets nest was sprayed 24 hours ago, small found & ate this eve, what to do?

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. The Expert will know if the dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name and age?

JB, 2 yrs

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about JB?

He is a mix preed! A little ***** ***** mix

Answered in 1 hour by:
9/23/2017
Dr B
Dr B, Veterinarian

HI this is DRB and I would be happy to help you.....

when did your dog eat this?

Around 7pm this eve
I am unable to pay more, I have already paid $19, and know answers

you do not have to pay more...ignore phone prompts as those are automatic......

Is something I might be able to do at home for him or do I have anything to worry about?

is it 9:38 pm your time now?

It is 8: 45

so that has been 2.5 hours so this is now out of the stomach.......what did you spay hornets nest with?

ok, so 1 hour 45 minutes

can you tell me what the product was?

I don't have the can, except it was for killing hornet & wast spray, it was at the neighbors house, I was over there before dark and it was dry, yesterday eve is when I killed the nest!

well, we have two choices here....one wait it out and see if anything happens or go to vet ER and have them give activated charcoal to attempt to absorb toxin and give IV fluids overnight......to prevent toxicity....

It is impossible to say whether there was enough left on nest to cause your dog a problem or not.....

Upon the product drying, does that inactive the strength of posion?

You would have to watch for vomiting, lack of appetite or lethargy......but honestly if I were in your shoes I would go to vet ER.....

I hope that helps you, but let me know if you have additional questions...DRB

If you do not have any other questions please rate me as this is how I make money to support my family. Please give me a positive rating as that is the only way I am compensated. A positive rating will not close this question and I am more than happy to answer any follow up questions that you have. ( You can rate me at top right of page).

Please remember my answers do not replace or supersede the advice of your veterinarian as my answers do not create a valid client patient relationship as I am unable to examine your pet. Thank you very much! DrB

some of the product would have evaporated...but not all of it...

Dr B
Dr B, Veterinarian
There isn't anything I can give him that might counter act or help the digestion tract?

you could purchase some activated charcoal tablets from a pharmacy and give those and those would absord the toxin if you do fairly soon..... I would give adult human dose....hope that helps....DRB