Dog

Get Your Dog Care Questions Answered by Experts

Dog

My Weimarer upper inner thigh is swollen rt. rear leg he

walk normal no pain when...
My Weimarer upper inner thigh is swollen rt. rear leg he walk normal no pain when I press or move leg and no heat
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Hunter I believe he is over 3 found him dump 2 years ago
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Hunter?
Customer: Up to date on shots and neutered
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/22/2017
Dr. Bruce, Veterinarian

Hi. My name is***** Thank you for your question about Hunter. How long has this upper inner thigh region been swollen? Can you post a picture of what you're seeing here? He again is walking completely normal?

That is good that he's not walking irregular or with any discomfort. That area has the skin looking very quiet. There is no obvious bruising or skin irritation in that region. Sometimes these situations can be ones that sneak up on an owner. Could that area have been having this swelling (which is hard to appreciate by a picture) going on for some time? Could there be some mass growing in the skin. Older dogs can get lipomas in the skin that can grown and give mass like effects.

He is only 3 skin looks normal no bruises or insect bite nothing I was trying to send a pic but had problems. When he spread his leg is the thigh part next to his but check

At the age of 3, it would seem to be a lot less likely that this is a serious growth. I would be curious to see if the same area is on the other thigh. Can you palpate it on the other side?

Both side feel and look the same with the exception of being bigger. When he walks you can she that one side looks puffy. They are feels very muscular no lumps are irregularities from the other side.

Could there be some swelling there from a bite / sting? Sometimes this can happen and no specific wound / bit is seen. This may be something that time is a huge factor in how it does. As long as there is no pain, he's walking normal and not bothered in any other way - you could give it a few days to see what it does.

I just took him outside to pee looks like swelling gone down some. He only been going out on a leash since notice. Also I should told you he run all day on 5 acres any bird or Squirrel and he runs like a Greyhound. Lol

That is good that it seems to be going down. Give him some rest and time and see how he does. Watch that area for bruising / pain / discharge. Hopefully it continues to resolve and everything is back to normal here soon!

Dr. Bruce, Veterinarian
Dr. Bruce, Veterinarian