Dog

Get your dog care questions answered by Experts

Our ten year old German shepherd was diagnosed with

Our ten year old...

Our ten year old German shepherd was diagnosed with diabetes. Is it best to feed and give her the insulin shot before her morning walk, or before?

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. Have you looked to see if there is a wound on their foot?

No wounds

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the dog's name?

Cash

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Cash?

Usually I walk Cash in the early morning before her first meal. Want to be sure if that is still ok to do now that she is diabetic, or if I should feed her first.

9/21/2017
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian

Hello. Thanks for writing in. My name is***** and I would be happy to help you. I AM NOT SET UP TO MAKE PHONE CALLS AND DO NOT SEND THE REQUESTS, BUT I WOULD BE HAPPY TO ANSWER ANY QUESTIONS YOU HAVE ONLINE. It should be okay to do the morning walk first, then feed her and give insulin. The most important thing is that you stay on a schedule with her. Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns. Hope this helps.

My goal is to make sure that you get all your question answered and all the information you need. IF YOU ARE SATISFIED WITH MY ANSWER, PLEASE RATE IT. Rating it is the only way I get compensated for helping you, and we can still continue our conversation after rating. If you feel like it is not helpful to you, or if there is more information you need, please respond back to me before rating. Asking more specific questions usually helps a lot. Realize that our conversation is not intended to diagnose or treat a condition. There has to be a valid veterinary-client-patient relationship established with an exam, according to law. You should always follow up with your vet.

Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr. John