Dog

Get your dog care questions answered by Experts

I have a 12year old chiwawa she is very petite and has small…

Customer Question
I have a 12year...

I have a 12year old chiwawa she is very petite and has small paws. Her nails have started to grow sideways as if the paw is slightly rolling to the side when she puts weight on it. The knuckles look red and she is licking them.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name and age?

Her name is ***** ***** she is 12 years old

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Hayle?

She has small paws and thick black nails which makes it difficult to cut her nails

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is Hayle bleeding a lot?

There is no bleeding however the knuckles look red and inflammed

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dog
9/20/2017
Dog Specialist: Ann M., Dog Veterinarian replied 1 year ago
Ann M.
Ann M., Dog Veterinarian

Hi there and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed, internship-trained veterinarian with 11 years experience in general medicine and emergency and critical care medicine and I would be happy to assist you. Please be patient as there may be slight delays in responses as I research your pet's issue and as I am typing out a response.

Is this happening on all paws, or just one paw?