Joan
Joan, Vet Tech
Experience:  Vet Tech for over 35+ years working w/Dogs/Rescues
5071285

I have a Pekingese that's about 11 months old she is moving

I have a Pekingese that's about 11 months old she is moving her head back-and-forth looking in the air she's licking her paws and her body seems to be jerking

My name is ***** ***** I have been a Vet Tefor 35+ years. I would like to asisst You.

What you are describing is a Focal seizure. With her being so young, I suggest she be seen by a Vet for some blood work and ask them to also check for a liver shunt. THis is some information on Focal Seizures, https://www.vetinfo.com/partial-seizures-dogs.html

The jerking, twitching, starring off into space and even licking the paws are all signs. Please try and get a video to take into your Vet, so the can have a visual of what she is doing. To discuss this information please it reply. I would also like you to give 1/2 teaspoon full of karo syrup or Pancake syrup, in case the gucose levels are low and causing the issue.

Joan

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
ive been band from two banfield pet hospital becausei know my dog smiles as she is sufferrs .i ve spent so much money, 2 surgeries that did nothing .my dog turns away from light she paws and pushes her face into carpet i even asked vet if maybe a miagraine my gut kept telling me a tumor i gave her syrup and she got down to play but now shes back to staring off in spaceis my dog going to die