Dog

Get your dog care questions answered by Experts

My puppy of 6 months old isn't feeling well since the other…

Customer Question
My puppy of 6 months...
My puppy of 6 months old isn't feeling well since the other day. His stool's loose and has vomited yesterday, and this morning his vomit is green he is too weak that he cannot even stand I am crying right now as I dont know what to do anymore, please help or give me suggestions please. He refuses to eat.
Thank you please help me.
Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Dog
9/17/2017
Dog Specialist: Dr B, Veterinarian replied 11 months ago
Dr B
Dr B, Veterinarian

HI this is DRB and I will try and help you....

We cannot administer any type of medicine without a diagnosis.....

If your puppy has never been to the vet then the biggest concern would be parvovirus enteritis which is very serious....

If your puppy is so weak thay he cannot stand then he needs to go to the ER......

This means your puppy is dehydrated to a level that is immediately life threatening....

He has only taken 1 shot of 5n1 and 2 shots of deworm

Yes, he needs to go to a vet ER or he will very likley die....

What you are describing is too serious for you to attempt treatment at home....

You can purchase plain pedialyte and mix 50/50 with water and try giving this to him.......but if I were you I would put your puppy in the car and go to the ER now otherwise he will not live.....I hope this makes sense....

How much it would likely to cost me?

I don't know.....usually most ER's charge 95-125 for initial exam and then they can let you know what else would need to be done.....and you can decide at that time what to do.....I hope that makes sense...

Ok Dr B thank you so much

I am sorry that I could not help you more.....

let me know if you have questions after you go to the ER.....

If you do not have any other questions please rate me as this is how I make money to support my family. Please give me a positive rating as that is the only way I am compensated. A positive rating will not close this question and I am more than happy to answer any follow up questions that you have. ( You can rate me at top right of page).

Please remember my answers do not replace or supersede the advice of your veterinarian as my answers do not create a valid client patient relationship as I am unable to examine your pet. Thank you very much! DrB