Dog

Get your dog care questions answered by Experts

How would 1 Aleve a day for arthritis affect my 105lb.

Customer Question
Ridgeback dog.laying around a lot...
How would 1 Aleve a day for arthritis affect my 105lb. Ridgeback dog.laying around a lot, still eating but not as much. Drinking plenty of water. Going out to use bathroom. This is the fifth day. Had diahrea on fourth day.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dog
9/16/2017
Dog Specialist: Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian replied 1 year ago
Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian

Thank you for using Just Answer. My name is Rebecca; I am a veterinarian. Please give me a moment to type my answer.

I am sorry to hear you are worried about your Ridgeback. Aleve is not safe for dogs; it can cause kidney damage. Did he get Aleve, or are you asking about giving to him?

1 Aleve in a dog his size should not be too dangerous but I would not repeat it.

I did not hear back from you; I hope you were able to see my answer. How is your dog doing?

Let me know if my answer was helpful and if I can answer any other questions.