Dog

Get your dog care questions answered by Experts

Condition is such that I'm thinking worms. Fur is patchy…

Customer Question
Condition is such that...

Condition is such that I'm thinking worms. Fur is patchy round his sides. Behaviour is low just mopping

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. There are all sorts of infestations the dog can pick up. I'll have you talk to the Veterinarian who'll sort out what is wrong and help you decide what to do about it. What is the dog's name and age?

Lake is his name, boxer brindle large just about a year

Veterinarian's Assistant: How old is Lake?

About 1 years

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Lake?

Basically a good dog, was outside suffered mosquitoe bites. Housed in the yard and basement.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Dog
9/15/2017
Dog Specialist: Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian replied 11 months ago
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian

Hello. Thanks for writing in. My name is***** and I would be happy to help you. I AM NOT SET UP TO MAKE PHONE CALLS AND DO NOT SEND THE REQUESTS, BUT I WOULD BE HAPPY TO ANSWER ANY QUESTIONS YOU HAVE ONLINE. In order to give an informative and concise answer, it may take a few minutes before I respond back to you, so don't be alarmed if you don't hear back immediately. If you have not responded back in 10 minutes, it may be a longer before I can get back to you. I do have a couple more questions, though, to see if I can better assess your situation.

Is he scratching often?

Any sores or redness on the skin, or is there just hair loss?

Is it possible to take a picture of the area and post it or attach it to your next message?