Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ
15010675

Our Bishon has severe allergies. We need to clean her ears,

Customer Question

Our Bishon has severe allergies. We need to clean her ears, she is very strong and my hubby and I cannot hold her down. Monday he is going to our vet to be sedated so he can do a good cleaning. He showed us pictur of dog healthy ear. Then a picture that had ugly grows that looked like matted hair. But also looked like polyps or lumpy things clustered together. He said if this is what my dog had she would need to be put down. Can you help me understand what this is. I can't remember what the vet said it is.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Her name is***** have had her for two years, was picked up as a stray or lost dog. She is appx. 14 or around there at vets guess.
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Penny?
Customer: We have no other diagnosis other than the severe allergies. She shakes her head, rubs ears in floor and sides of furniture and seems quite distressed with this. Seems to be healthy otherwise but hard to tell. She sleeps most of the time.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Joan replied 1 month ago.

My name is ***** ***** I have been a Vet tech for 35+ years. I am so sorry Penny has you concerned.

Did the Vet discuss a Total Ear Abalation?

Did he give you any other options other than if cleaning does not work, other than putting her down.

Joan

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No he did no give other options. just said he would go in there and do thorough cleaning of the ear. and observe ear canal with otoscope. I just noticed you are charging 14 more dollars.There was no mention of additional charges. Only the 5 dollar charge. now this is not right at all I did not authorize any other charges. So pleas take that off.Will I get a report on my dog?
Expert:  Joan replied 1 month ago.

I do not do the charges. THe $5 is a deposit that the site holds until you get a reponse and at that time they add the total amount for answer. I am not not paid until you are given a satifactory answer. If you would like I will send this to customer service to straighten it out for you.

Joan

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No phone call
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
just the report
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
ok, send to customer service. All I want to pay is the 5 dollars it said was the charge. take off any other charges.