Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

My dogs water broke maybe about 2 hours ago she seem to be

Customer Question

My dogs water broke maybe about 2 hours ago she seem to be very unease heavy breathing but no signs off puppys
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Bubbles in worrie she is 9 years old
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about your puppy?
Customer: Not at the moment
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. John replied 1 month ago.

Hello. Thanks for writing in. My name is***** and I would be happy to help you. I am not set up to do phone calls but would be happy to answer any questions you do have online. If the water broke inside the birth canal, that can be bad. It is called a "dry" delivery, and the puppy may be stuck in the birth canal. I would get her to your vet's office immediately because I am concerned about her health and any of the puppies' health. Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns. Hope this helps.

My goal is to make sure that you get all your question answered and all the information you need. IF YOU ARE SATISFIED WITH MY ANSWER, PLEASE RATE IT. Rating it is the only way I get compensated for helping you, and we can still continue our conversation after rating. If you feel like it is not helpful to you, or if there is more information you need, please respond back to me before rating. Asking more specific questions usually helps a lot. Realize that our conversation is not intended to diagnose or treat a condition. There has to be a valid veterinary-client-patient relationship established with an exam, according to law. You should always follow up with your vet.

Expert:  Dr. John replied 1 month ago.

Hello. I was just following up to see how Bubbles is doing and to see if you have any other questions.