PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse
Experience:  15 yrs experience in vet med, 8 in emergency med. Founder of a non-profit animal rescue
8538164

My dog is peeing on blankets and his dog bed and also just

My dog is peeing on blankets and his dog bed and also just found urine on my clothes that I had in a flat bin on the floor he climbed it and peed on my clothes ... he goes on his puppy pads but lately has been peeing on the blankets and my clothes.. he's 10 months and he is neutered ... how do I stop this ?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Strange behavior is often perplexing. I'm sure the Veterinarian can help you. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Iggy
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Iggy?
Customer: No

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

1) When did this behavior begin?
2) When was Iggy neutered?
3) Any other animals in the home?
4) Have you witnessed this behavior?
5) Are all urine spots on a horizontal surface or are they also on vertical surfaces?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Iggy was neutered 4 months ago
I started to notice him peeing on my clothes a few days ago
I witnessed it last night after I washed all the clothes that were in the bin on the floor I walked in the room and there was a pee spot on a pair of pants I didn't see him actually do it but this time I saw the pee I didn't know he was peeing in there till I put a pair of leggings on and smelt pee I'm like what the heck lol
He also pees on blankets
He will go on his puppy pad tho so why he's peeing on stuff is what I'm concerned with

Any other animals in the home?

When he urinates, does he hike his leg? squat? is he laying down or asleep when this happens?

Are all urine spots on a horizontal surface or are they also on vertical surfaces?

Have any diagnostics been done yet, such as a urinalysis?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No other animals
He squats to pee and lifts leg sometimes He squated on my clothes yest cause it was a perfect circle ... haven't taken him to the vet yet ... should I ?

I would. This sounds like it may be a urinary tract infection. You had him neutered early enough in life that he should not be marking either, which increases the potential for this to be a urinary tract infection. Your vet will want to collect a urine sample from him at the time of his exam, so be sure he doesn't pee before he goes into the clinic. Your vet will likely prescribe a course of antibiotics and symptoms should resolve within a few days time if this is due to infection. If uncomfortable, your vet may also recommend a short course of pain medication, as well.

I hope this information has been helpful. I will be standing by if you have other questions. Let me know if I can help further. Also, before signing off today, please take the time to use the star rating system at the top of the page to leave a rating for me. A 5-star rating is appreciated as top notch answers are my focus. If you feel you have received anything less, please reply so that I may help until you’ve received the assistance you need. Until you issue a rating, the website will not compensate me for helping you. You will still be able to chat with me even after issuing a rating at no further charge on this thread.

I will also check in with you over the next few days to be sure you don’t need any additional assistance. If you would like to request me in the future for pet-related questions, you can do so by accessing this page: http://www.justanswer.com/pet/expert-pitrottmommy/?rpt=3800

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
That's exactly what I thought it was to ok thanks for your help:) and when you check back in I'll let you know how it goes

Sure thing. Good luck!

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?
PitRottMommy
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The vet put him on antibiotics it was a uti .. thanks again for the help :)

So glad to hear the good news! Thanks for the update!