Dog

Get your dog care questions answered by Experts

She has a quarter size mass just under her ear, Monster is…

Customer Question
She has a quarter...

She has a quarter size mass just under her ear

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. Some lumps are serious and some aren't. Let's see what the Veterinarian has to say. What is the dog's name and age?

Monster is her name and she is 4 years old

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Dog
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/14/2017
Dog Specialist: Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian replied 11 months ago
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian

You're speaking with Dr. Michael Salkin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm currently typing up my reply. Please be patient. This may take a few minutes.

Can you upload a photo(s) of this mass to our conversation? You can upload photos by using the paperclip or add file icon in the toolbar above your message box (if you can see those icons on your particular device) or you can use an external app such as dropbox.com/

I can be more accurate for you if I can see what you're seeing.

I have a picture but I don't have those icons

You'll need to use an external app then, or you can have customer service help you get it to me:***@******.***, http://ww2.justanswer.com/help, or 1-***-***-****

Thank you. Give me a moment to take a look, please...

Ah! It's a subcutaneous mass the cause of which can only be determined by needle aspirating it and examining the aspirate microscopically. This can be done while you wait in the exam room but if Monster's vet can't be definitive for you, the aspirate can be sent to our pathologist for review. Such bumps can represent tumors, cysts, a seroma (serum-filled), a hematoma (blood-filled), or abscess (pus-filled). Please continue our conversation if you wish.

Thank you I will make an appointment for her to see her vet tomorrow

You're quite welcome. I can't set a follow-up in this venue so please return to our conversation - even after rating - with an update at your convenience. You can bookmark this page for ease of return.