Dog

Get your dog care questions answered by Experts

Got sprayed by a skunk, looks like right in his mouth, he's…

Customer Question
Hey got sprayed by...

Hey got sprayed by a skunk, looks like right in his mouth, he's drooling and foaming at the mouth? It's 930pm do I need to take him to after hours vet clinic?

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. The Expert will know what to do with the drooling. What is the dog's name and age?

Bear. 2years old

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the dog?

Best way to get rid of odor

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dog
9/12/2017
Dog Specialist: Dr B, Veterinarian replied 1 year ago
Dr B
Dr B, Veterinarian

HI this is DRB and I would be happy to help you....how do you know your dog was sprayed.....just be smell? And is your dog vaccinated for Rabies?

Mix a cup of vanilla extract in a gallon of water to get rid of skunk odor. Let your dog soak in the solution for about 10 minutes before applying dog shampoo and rinsing. That should help get rid of the skunk odor and you can do this today and repeat tomorrow until scent is gone....Make sure your dog is vaccinated for Rabies.....hope that helps. DRB