PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse
Experience:  15 yrs experience in vet med, 8 in emergency med. Founder of a non-profit animal rescue
8538164

He's looking up and pacing around and won't go to sleep with

He's looking up and pacing around and won't go to sleep with us. (Which he usually loves)
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What sort of animal are we talking about?
Customer: 10 yr old male Maltese
JA: OK. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Expert will know how to help the Maltese. What is the Maltese's name?
Customer: Thumper
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Thumper?
Customer: No, he's been very healthy.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hello

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

Can you share a video of what you're seeing?

Have there been any changes to the diet? New food? New treats? Bones? Has any human food been fed? Torn up toys or trash? Stressful changes to the environment?

Any vomiting or diarrhea?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No vomiting or diarrhea. Earlier in the week we did put a bark collar on him though. I can't video now, I just dropped him off to get his haircut. He finally settled down last night to sleep after acting all weird. He was still doing the looking up movement this morning though.

I am concerned that the grooming appointment may worsen the symptoms you witnessed last night. Has Thumper had any seizure activity in the past? Any history of pain or weakness?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I think he's fine now. He's acting normal. I don't get it

Time will tell if this reoccurs. I suspect pain may have been to blame to start and often movement and stimulation will get a dog to look past their discomfort. This may have happened with the grooming appointment. Certainly do keep an eye out and if symptoms return reach back out to us. You can use this same thread so you aren't charged twice.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you! Will do!

Sure thing.