PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse
Experience:  15 yrs experience in vet med, 8 in emergency med. Founder of a non-profit animal rescue
8538164

One clear vomit and drooling after tramadol liquid. 3 mg

one clear vomit and drooling after tramadol liquid. 3 mg dose
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did the dog eat anything unusual?
Customer: No we just left er vet
JA: What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: They gave her fluids and cerenia
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the dog?
Customer: Ginger and 16 yo
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
She had clean blood work August 1 and has bad arthritis

Hello! My name is ***** ***** it will be my pleasure to help you with your dog today.

Was that her first dose of Tramdol?

When was the last time she ate?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
It was and haven't given since didn't eat last night but ate a plain egg scrambled today and had some water vets closed bc hurricane until tomorrow

It looks like Lisa had to opt out of the question, so I have stepped in to help. How is Ginger at this time? Did I understand correctly that she's at the ER currently?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No she went to the er I apologize we have spotty cell service bc were dealing w the hurricane passing thru yesterday she vomited 2 times took her to er she has clean bloodwork 1 more ago and is old and has bad back and leg pain decided to go w cerenia Inj w fluids and tramadol liquid got her home yesterday morning following this and she vomited right after liquid tramadol shed 4 lbs they had me give her .3 mg she slept rest of day and night today got her to eat an egg during am nothing else she drank water a few times vet tech friend gave her addition dub q fluids were not at hotel bc were without power 24 plus hours she has bloody diarrhea 2 hours and drank more water and urinated no other food vets clothes thru we'd she's resting now gums a little tacky planning to go to get soon as they resume.. has a history of stress colitis w blood diarrhea and refusal to eat just wanna keep her ok until vets open any advice welcome now
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
She's four lbs**

Have they started her on any antibiotics yet?

When was her last bout of vomiting and when was the cerenia injection?

Aside from the egg, has she had any other foods?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No antibiotic she hasn't vomited since yesterday immediately after the tramadol which I stopped and she ate the egg around 10am today she just went outside and urinated and had non bloody diarrhea just trying to get her to when vets open again she's alert gums slightly tacky but has fluids 2 days in a row sub q and will drink a but if water for me
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
She got up on her own and wanted to go out and can walk on her own has history of bloody diarrhea when stressed sorry if repetitive anxious and haven't slept much

An antibiotic such as metronidazole will truly help with the diarrhea.

Since she is drinking, I would try giving pureed baby food in chicken, turkey and similar flavors. Avoid those that contain onion or garlic in the ingredient panel. If this is not an option, boiled chicken with no skin or bone can be shredded and offered to her. You can also use a fiber source like boiled rice or pure canned pumpkin. All of these can help with diarrhea since they're bland, as well.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Cerenia injection was yesterday around 10am before I brought her home and have tramadol
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I have her normal hills farm to prescprtion food she's just not interested
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Gi prescrption*
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I guess essentially my initial question was liquid tramadol tastes terrible and will cause nausea right? And until vets open hydration is key?

Tramadol does not typically have a good taste, that's correct, and it can cause nausea. Until the vets open, hydration is key. If she is intaking no food at all, at very least give a small amount of pancake syrup or honey every 4-6 hours orally to keep her blood sugar up. I'd also try the suggestions I posted above such as the pureed baby food, too.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
using a form of glucose syrup w water and hoping we have power tomorrow And can get to the vet she's staying otherwise normal minus that I don't feel great gave but gets up to indicate she wants to use bathroom. Will try it suggestion but most stores still closed
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank u for ur help

Sure thing.

PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse
Experience: 15 yrs experience in vet med, 8 in emergency med. Founder of a non-profit animal rescue