Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ
15010675

My 5 year old lab will only sit, won't lay, and is panting

Customer Question

Hi, my 5 year old lab will only sit, won't lay, and is panting and whining quite a bit. Today the only thing we did that e doesn't do with me multiple times a week is get a bath. :) ever since we got home this afternoon he's been standing or sitting and won't lay down.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Expert will know how to help the dog. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Opie
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Opie?
Customer: The last time this happened it was after a super long day of playing and swimming.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dog
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Help via Email or Text Message. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 1 month ago.

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

I am very sorry to see that no one has reached out to you before now. How is your companion at this time?