Dog

Get your dog care questions answered by Experts

My 5 year old lab will only sit, won't lay, and is panting…

Customer Question
Hi, my 5 year...

Hi, my 5 year old lab will only sit, won't lay, and is panting and whining quite a bit. Today the only thing we did that e doesn't do with me multiple times a week is get a bath. :) ever since we got home this afternoon he's been standing or sitting and won't lay down.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Expert will know how to help the dog. What is the dog's name?

Opie

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Opie?

The last time this happened it was after a super long day of playing and swimming.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Dog
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Help via Email or Text Message. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
9/10/2017
Dog Specialist: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 11 months ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

I am very sorry to see that no one has reached out to you before now. How is your companion at this time?