Dog

Get your dog care questions answered by Experts

A couple things actually -- and they all happened in the…

Customer Question
A couple things actually...

A couple things actually -- and they all happened in the span of a couple days 😔 He was playing chase in the tennis courts and tore his paw pad/burned it so we aren't really sure how to treat problem A

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. Burns are certainly painful. Let's see what the Veterinarian has to say. What is the dog's name?

Clark!

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Clark?

He's on apoquel for his allergies -- and we have an appointment with our vet to have the sores on his inner thighs...that just showed up out of no where(!) checked on Monday. We aren't sure what that could be or how it could have come about

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Dog
9/9/2017
Dog Specialist: Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian replied 8 months ago
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian

Hello. Thanks for writing in. My name is***** and I would be happy to help you. I am not set up to do phone calls but would be happy to answer any questions you do have online. In order to give an informative and concise answer, it may take a few minutes before I respond back to you, so don't be alarmed if you don't hear back immediately. If you have not responded back in 10 minutes, it may be a longer before I can get back to you. I do have a couple more questions, though, to see if I can better assess your situation.

Is he walking on the paw he burned/tore?

Is it possible for you to take a picture of the injured paw pad and the sores on his inner thighs and post it or attach it to your next message?

Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian