Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ
15010675

She has been fine all day but when jumping into the car on

Customer Question

She has been fine all day but when jumping into the car on leaving the farm she started crying. Eating and drinking fine. Gave her some metacam as thought it was her leg (She has cruciate problems) but she still seems unsettled. Fine once lying down but when I felt her all over she cried when I touched her tummy behind her rib cage.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The noise must be worrying. I'll connect you to the Veterinarian. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Crumper 8 labrador
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the dog?
Customer: No physically fine other than today
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dog
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 1 month ago.

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

1) Is she walking well currently? Did she jump out of the car as well?
2) how long ago was the metacam given?
3) Have there been any changes to the diet? New food? New treats? Bones? Has any human food been fed? Torn up toys or trash? Stressful changes to the environment?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
She is currently resting. Cried when she jumped out of the car and didn't seem happy going to the house. She was slow going up the stairs to the house haven't taken her out again yet. No changes to the diet and nothing fed other than dog food. Metacam given about 2 hours ago

Thank you for the additional information. Has Crumper ever had spine or hip x-rays to determine if she has arthritis apart from the cruciate issues? Is she on any joint supplementation?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you for your assistance. I ended up taking her to the emergency vet and it appears she has hurt her neck. Hopefully pain killers and rest and she should be good again

Let me know if you need additional assistance. Good luck!