Dog

Get your dog care questions answered by Experts

My dog may have ingested a tiny bit of borax from an ant…

Customer Question
My dog may have...

My dog may have ingested a tiny bit of borax from an ant trap. He is 90 lbs amd i think he might have only swallowed a tiny amount

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. The Expert will know if your dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name?

Jace

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Jace?

He was neutered 2 weeks ago. Not sure if that will make a difference

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Dog
9/9/2017
Dog Specialist: Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian replied 11 months ago
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian

You're speaking with Dr. Michael Salkin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm currently typing up my reply. Please be patient. This may take a few minutes.

Don't give it a second thought. There isn't enough of any insecticide in ant traps to intoxicate even the smallest dog. Borax (borates, boric acid) is considered of very low toxicity to dogs in any event. There's no need to induce emesis or treat in any manner. Please respond with further questions or concerns.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?
Jace is great. Wasn't even phased. Thank you for following up!

Thank you for the good update. I appreciate your taking the time to let me know. You may receive an inappropriate follow-up from the site ostensibly sent by me. It wasn't and I apologize in advance should you receive it.